https://startupdaddy.com/wp-content/post_images/startup-daddy_business_startup_podcast125.jpg 125 125 Ian Gordon https://startupdaddy.com/wp-content/post_images/sdweblogo.png Ian Gordon2013-01-19 01:49:072015-11-19 17:41:00Getting Your Business Off To A Great Start
Getting Your Business Off To A Great Start
In this episode, of Startup Daddy I talk about some things you can do to get your business off to a great start in the coming year.
- I cover the 3 Words exercise started by Chris Brogan, where you pick 3 words that will frame your year. If you pick three words, please drop them in the comments below.
- I talk about Mailstrom, a tool that in their words, puts you back in control of your inbox — power through thousands of messages in just a few clicks. I tried it out, and Mailstrom did help me get my inbox under control. Give it a try.
- Archiving and backing up your important data
- Dropbox (use this link and we both get extra space!)
- Google Drive
- Amazon Cloud Drive
Play this episode:
Startup Daddy is a Business Startup Podcast hosted by Ian Gordon. We discuss the issues surrounding getting a business started, and growing that business once you get it off the ground.
Great to have you back! My three words are:
1. Clarity: Getting clear on exactly what I want to do and what I want to Accomplish.
2. Focus: Avoid distractions, stay on task, and finish what I start.
3. Relax: Take time for myself, my family and friends, don’t take myself to seriously and have fun while at work and at play.
I use Google drive to back up most of my data and also use Evernote premium to store and organize a lot of my paperwork, notes, and ideas.
I will check out Mailstrom sounds interesting.
Great podcast,I always find one or two things that are helpful.
Great words Bill! Evernote is one of my favorite tools. So many great uses.
I’m glad you’re here.
It is a new year and a New Company!
My three words are:
Determination: Get Started on my new venture
Study: Learn all I can from Sucessful People
Excitement: Have dreams and work hard
I am new on here and wish everyone well
Welcome Glynn! Good words. Congratulations on your new business!
Hey…I love the Sunday Newsletter.. it’s not overwhelming and it’s a nice way to stay focused on starting the week, just wanted to encourage you to keep up the good work
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like most agree with you so far. Which is great!
I’m very new to your site and listened to your pod cast. I just want to say I’m glad you’ve decided to post after a year or so and I think your 3 word approach is genius!
Thank you Sharon. I’m glad you’re here.
Hey I need a Business Plan template asap I thought I would find it on your site???>/.
It looks like the email newsletter signup form dropped off the sidebar here. Sorry about that. I’ll get that fixed asap. Meanwhile, just go to the home page and sign up for the newsletter to get an email with the Business Plan templates download link.
I am brand new to your site. Love the 3 word idea. I came here trying to figure out how to put my ideas into some kind of plan that will actually become reality.
Hope: make my dreams become reality
Determination: keep striving for what I want
Thankful: to wake up this morning
and how have you gone after a year now? Any success?
My three words are inform, plan, and execute as I am well on my with the first two!!
I just want to say thank you very much for the Business Planning Template are very helpful. I’m glad i found your site and looking forward for more of your good work.
You’re welcome :)
Ian. Thanks for the great and inspirating words. I have always and still want to start small business but always difficult to get a starting boost and always challenging in business name selection. My three words-great planning success. God bless your great heart and sharing.